Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's a small, small world.

I was browsing around on my other journal today and someone had posted this link:

How to peel and eat a pomegranate.

3 things of note (aside from the sheer awesomeness of the post itself):

1. The author and I share the same name (even the same spelling, which is so awesome I can't even describe it)
2. We share the same city
3. We share the same adoration for the color Purple (not the book, the hue).

And it struck me as I read the post that....wow...this is an awfully small world sometimes. *laughs*

In other news: The weather outside isn't nearly as frightful. A bit drizzly and grey, but it's lightened up since this morning. A crisp 50-something out there which makes it entirely pleasant to keep the window open:)

Shadow-cat is mooing at something in the backyard while the other beasties are passed out in their typical spots.

I made a Whipped Cream Butter Pound-cake the other night because I had a hankering for something simple yet decadent (that, and my Dragon has been pestering me for a cake the past few weeks). I realized earlier today when discussing the merits of this particular pound cake as the base for Strawberry Shortcake, that I'm in blackberry country now, so I think I'm going to try to get my hands on some blackberries, macerate them, and try for a blackberry shortcake. Mmm.

Still plugging away at the scarf. It's coming along very nicely.

I find myself at a loss for words today. I think I'll go back to knitting and dreaming of blackberry shortcake.

... Or perhaps I'll make a nice spinach salad as a healthy alternative. LOL!

XOXO
Bella

0 comments: